Create and manage tasks for your team across features in Talkbase, allowing you to make sure nothing falls through the crakcs.
Tasks are available throughout all Talkbase features - Events, Projects, Advocate Program.
- In Projects & Tasks, select a project and you'll be able to create, edit, and archive tasks from there. For more information on boards and projects, you can refer to this help article.
- In Events, select an event and click on the Tasks tab. You'll see a kanban board that you can use to help organize the action items for your event. For more information on events, visit this help article.
Create a task
There are two ways to create new tasks in a board:
- Click on "Create Task" at the bottom of each column.
- Hover over the column header and click on the plus symbol "+".
You'll then see a pop-up where you can:
- Add a task title.
- Add a description.
- Designate the column (most likely status).
- Assign it to a team member.
- Set a due date.
- Click Create.
Edit a task
To edit a task, simply click on the task. In this view, you will be able to edit all criteria associated with the task.
- Task title
- Assigned to
- Due date
You can also move a task from column to column by clicking and dragging it to a new column.
Archive a task
To archive a task:
- Click on the task.
- Click on the Archive button, which can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- You can always view archived tasks and un-archive them by clicking on the "Archived tasks" view in the upper right column.
View your tasks
To have a single view of all of your tasks, across all projects, events, and advocate programs, click on "Assigned to you" under "Projects & tasks" in the navigation panel. You'll see all tasks assigned to you and what the task belongs to.